Pushed further along on my freeCodeCamp Portfolio page – a little slow going – but got my header done along with my links with font awesome icons!
Today was an odd day. Work decided that we wanted to update our system and redo our website – and we started working on a Proof of Concept with Angular and Typescript. Now, I had never used either of those, so I started to do some work learning AngularJS. So that’s what to day is – starting to learn Angular (as I’ve done more ‘after hours’ as well!) But since its on my work machine – it won’t be going up on my personal github account, etc.
Today I started my Personal Portfolio page for Challenge #120 for freeCodeCamp!
I spent a little time viewing some other portfolio projects to get a feel about what I want to do… figuring out which layouts I liked, and which ones I didn’t – to start to get the feel of how I wanted my page to flow. And I reviewed A LOT of the google fonts, and picked 3 that I enjoyed, and added them to the page…
There is lots more work to do here – I think this project will take a few days to get figured out! But hey – I’m learning as I go!
Today I finished by Queen Tribute page for Challenge #119 for freeCodeCamp!
I’m happy with it for not doing much design work (as its a basic assignment, I didn’t want to spend days going over layout and design, and then spend days coding it… it’s just an exercise to work on the html + css stuff we’ve worked on in fCC!)
Going to look at some issues with my PDF Maker project, maybe code some on that later tonight!
21 Days Down… 79 More to go… With that said…
Today I’ve worked on more freeCodeCamp, starting Challenge 119, which is building a tribute page on codepen.io. I have this started, and mostly done. I’ll do a few more items on it, and then be ready to say i’ve completed it.
I’ve also completed issue #3 on my Fantasy Grounds XML to PDF converter. But also found another bug and logged it!
I plan on adding some additional exercises in for working on python work, mainly from CodeWars, CheckIO, CodeEval, and ProjectEuler… I’ve sort of become very disappointed with HackerRank, as a) they haven’t updated a lot of their python stuff from legacy python, and b) some of their puzzles aren’t explained well.
So – I’ve completed 20% of this challenge. Unfortunately, as I’ve noted in my 100 Days of Code repo, Saturdays are horrible for me to code, as my time commitments on Saturdays are basically full all waking hours. So until I have some decent free time on Saturdays (more than 15-20 minutes at a time), I’ll be exempting Saturdays from my 100 Days commitment.
With that said…
Today I’ve worked on more freeCodeCamp, completing the intro to jQuery section, and now have 117 challenges completed. I’ve also started tracking ‘bugs’ and ‘feature requests’ for my FantasyGrounds XML to PDF converter, and today completed issue #2, and posted that.
I plan on adding some additional exercises in for working on python work, mainly from CodeWars, CheckIO, CodeEval, and ProjectEuler… I’ve sort of become very disappointed with HackerRank, as a) they haven’t updated a lot of their python stuff from legacy python, and some of their puzzles aren’t explained well.
Today I worked on both open projects. I worked on the Free Code Camp challenges. Completed the Bootstrap section, which brings me up to 99 Challenges completed. While this seems quick – I also take into account that I’m pretty familiar with most of this stuff as is.
I also modified the Fantasy Grounds XML Converter. I set it so that it automatically pulls the xml files from my FG directory into a temp directory, and then have it loop through all the xml files it copies and process them. I also modified the directory structure to put things under my Documents folder under a new subfolder to keep everything separate.
Not a bad day 19.
I wanted to switch things up just a bit – so I jumped into Free Code Camp. I wanted to brush up on my Full Stack Web Design – and since I especially have no Node.js experience, this is going to give me a certificate and some skills in several technologies.
Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not stopping my python learning… this will be going in addition to it…
Today I ripped through the entire HTML/CSS course – but admittedly, I knew it already – so it was just me going through it to mark it off… but on the same token – it helped typing it in and getting it to stick a little more in the front of my mind.
My next bit will be working for a bit in freeCodeCamp, and also working on finishing the Fantasy Grounds XML > PDF program. What I’m going to do with that is add some functionality to:
But this also means I’ll have to spend some time actually putting the characters into fantasy grounds… so that will also be part of the process… gonna do 1 character a day, starting tomorrow (well technically today, since it’s after midnight… but after I wake up and go to work!)
In honor of Adam West
Tune in next time…
Same Bat Time…
Same Bat Channel!!
I’m combining the post for Days 16 & 17 as they were both more of the same! Me finishing up the standard D&D 5E character sheet as an export option for the Fantasy Grounds XML export.
So the sheet itself is finished (my gosh were spells a pain in the rear due to a hideous naming sequence on the spell page). Next up will be changing the hard coding of a single sheet to be able to accept input as to which character you can print out.
So, until tommorow!