100 Days of Coding – Day 16/17

My 100 Days of Code Repository

I’m combining the post for Days 16 & 17 as they were both more of the same! Me finishing up the standard D&D 5E character sheet as an export option for the Fantasy Grounds XML export.

So the sheet itself is finished (my gosh were spells a pain in the rear due to a hideous naming sequence on the spell page). Next up will be changing the hard coding of a single sheet to be able to accept input as to which character you can print out.

So, until tommorow!

Never B Flat, Sometimes B Sharp, Always B Natural

100 Days of Coding – Day 15

My 100 Days of Code Repository

First off – I had to take 2 days off…

Saturday, which would have been day 15, was just chock full of business! I completely over-booked my day, and ended up basically being out of the house from 7am to 3am Sunday morning… Between a morning meeting, setting up my Saturday night Karaoke gig (which a good friend filled in for me) and my band played a cancer benefit about 7pm, but was there at 3pm to set up…

Sunday was a recovery day, and also Father’s day and did some family stuff!! My step-sons completely surprised me (both are out of the house) so it was a nice Father’s day for me…

But today it’s back to the grind… worked more on the layout for the 2nd sheet. Have some ideas for what I’m working on for the next portion of 100 Days!

So, until tommorow!

Never B Flat, Sometimes B Sharp, Always B Natural

100 Days of Coding – Day 14

My 100 Days of Code Repository

Today once again continued with the redesign (or restructure if you will) of the Fantasy Grounds XML to PDF Project I’m working on. Yesterday, I finished the Advanced Sheet.

Today I started the layout for the standard PHB DnD 5e Character sheet. Tomorrow may have to be skipped – I have a band gig that is a long cancer benefit – that takes me for over 12 hours – so I may have to push day 15 to Sunday.

Until tomorrow!

Never B Flat, Sometimes B Sharp, Always B Natural

100 Days of Coding – Day 12

My 100 Days of Code Repository

Today once again continued with the redesign (or restructure if you will) of the Fantasy Grounds XML to PDF Project I’m working on. Yesterday, I started in with Sheet 1 (see here). The filling out the PDF itself is the tedious part, as there isn’t much in the way of actual coding other than populate tuples with the Sheet’s field name, and the Field Value I want it to have.

I finished Page 1 today, and also found a bug in the sheet and reported it to the sheet’s author. Apparently he used the same field name for 2 check boxes – so if you activate 1, you get both!

Until tomorrow!

Never B Flat, Sometimes B Sharp, Always B Natural

100 Days of Coding – Day 11

My 100 Days of Code Repository

Today once again continued with the redesign (or restructure if you will) of the Fantasy Grounds XML to PDF Project I’m working on. Yesterday, I finished processing all of the xml nodes.

Today I started in with Sheet 1 (see here). The filling out the PDF itself is the tedious part, as there isn’t much in the way of actual coding other than populate tuples with the Sheet’s field name, and the Field Value I want it to have. I’ve completed several sections of page 1, and will finish page 1 tomorrow (hopefully!)

Until tomorrow!

Never B Flat, Sometimes B Sharp, Always B Natural

100 Days of Coding – Day 10

My 100 Days of Code Repository

Today once again continued with the redesign (or restructure if you will) of the Fantasy Grounds XML to PDF Project I’m working on. Yesterday, I processed a bunch of other nodes, to the point where I only have 5 nodes left, but 2 of them are biggies as far as what I think will need to be done with them (skills, and weapons)

Today, I finished those nodes. So tomorrow starts the pdf population portion!

Until tomorrow!

Never B Flat, Sometimes B Sharp, Always B Natural

100 Days of Coding – Day 9

My 100 Days of Code Repository

Today once again continued with the redesign (or restructure if you will) of the Fantasy Grounds XML to PDF Project I’m working on. Yesterday, I worked through 5 nodes needed to be processed (features, hp, initiative, inventory and languages). So that completes 27 of 44!

Today I processed a bunch of other nodes, to the point where I only have 5 nodes left, but 2 of them are biggies as far as what I think will need to be done with them (skills, and weapons)

Until tomorrow!

Never B Flat, Sometimes B Sharp, Always B Natural

100 Days of Coding – Day 8

My 100 Days of Code Repository

Today once again continued with the redesign (or restructure if you will) of the Fantasy Grounds XML to PDF Project I’m working on. Yesterday, was the redesign of defenses, encumbrance, and featlist nodes from the xml processing.

Today I worked through 5 nodes needed to be processed (features, hp, initiative, inventory and languages). So that completes 27 of 44! I was hoping to have more time to code today, but some other things came up that I needed to address… but I’m hoping I’ll get a few hours in tomorrow!

Until tomorrow!

Never B Flat, Sometimes B Sharp, Always B Natural

100 Days of Coding – Day 7

My 100 Days of Code Repository

Today once again continued with the redesign (or restructure if you will) of the Fantasy Grounds XML to PDF Project I’m working on. Yesterday, was the redesign of abilities and coins.

Today I crossed off the defenses, encumbrance, and featlist nodes from the xml processing. Which means I’ve now processed 22 of the 44 nodes to be processed – so I’m half way done with the node processing (which in turn is half the process). Once the nodes are completed, I then will begin the pushing out said information to various PDFs.

That will complete stage 1 of the process. Stage 2 (which may occur during the 100 days of coding – or may not) will be setting this program up as a web app that anyone can use to process their xml into a standard pdf.

Until tomorrow!

Never B Flat, Sometimes B Sharp, Always B Natural